Example Of Elevator Pitch

Example of Elevator pitch

Basic structure to begin with:

Hi, my name is _____________ and I ____________(this can be your hook). I will be graduating from the Monfort College of Business at the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in ___________. I'm looking to ______________.

CIS Example:

Hi, my name is ________. I've had many years of experience in the electronics industry. During this time, I was drawn to the field of information systems. I enjoyed the challenge and new technologies that I learned while working with the company systems administrator in my internship as a database controller. I loved receiving and implementing the system-management training I gained while working with the Hewlett Packard board test system. The spark ignited, and I began to focus my efforts on obtaining additional training in computer information systems. I am achievement and detail oriented. I work extremely well in a team environment and have been a team leader on several of my projects. I further developed my communications skills, which were extremely important in my past work experience, throughout my academic career. I have worked with the latest technologies in my classes. For example, I helped design a database interface application in Visual Basic for one of my school's programs. When assigned a project, I possess the skills to see it through to top-not completion. I am prepared to make a significant contribution in the next step in my career. What advice would you have for me regarding what it takes to be successful in the CIS field?

General Business Example:

I've spent a lot of time looking into the consulting industry and have reached out and spoken to four different alums in the consulting industry about their jobs and what it takes to be successful. I believe my interests and skills are a good match for this business. I have a 3.5 GPA in Management and Marketing at the University of Northern Colorado's Monfort College of Business. I have also done well on qualitative team projects including a political science class in which we developed political party platform recommendations to account for changing demographics. Last semester, I did an independent project writing a business plan for an elder care non-profit that I'd had some exposure to through a neighbor, and the organization has begun to enact several of my recommendations. As this brief background illustrates, I enjoy analyzing key performance drivers, and have pursued academic and extra-curricular opportunities to develop skills in this area. I believe that I am a great fit for your organization and I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and learn more about your role at <company name> and discuss various prospects within the organization.

General Business Example:

I've spent a lot of time looking into the consulting industry and talking to consultants about their jobs and what it takes to be successful. I believe my interests and skills are a good match for consulting. I have always liked solving problems. My major project during my internship last summer involved creating a questionnaire and conducting dozens of interviews of store operators to develop a best practices manual for franchise owners. I have a 3.7 GPA in Marketing at the University of Northern Colorado's Monfort College of Business and have done very well in the more analytical courses I've taken, including Econometrics and Symbolic Logic. In those classes and others I've worked on teams, but I am also a member of the student council and have a good understanding of the importance of working with others to get the job done. I appreciate your willingness to introduce me to Jane Doe at <consulting firm>.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ano Kaya Ang Epekto Ng Ikalawang Digmaan

If Singular We Add S Or Not

Ano Ang Mga Halimbawa Ng Balitang Klasipikadong Anunsyo?